Skip to main content
Boeing Cryogenically Cooled Inverter
- Boeing is developing a cryogenically cooled 1-MW inverter intended to be compatible with liquid natural gas or hydrogen cooling, but the experimental prototype will be cooled by liquid nitrogen.
- Three-level ANPC topology that uses different power switches for the fast and slow switching
- The input dc voltage is 1000 V, and the output frequency is 200 to 3000 Hz
- DC filter meets DO-160 EMI standard.
- 26kW/kg, 99.3% efficiency
- A calorimeter was developed that can measure the efficiency of the 200-kW and 1-MW prototypes by the dissipated losses to the liquid nitrogen to better than 0.1 percent of the total power
Back to EAP Home