Inlet and Nozzle Test Facilities
Our inlets and nozzles researchers maintain and operate several test facilities, which are used to:
- Measure the performance of advanced inlet and nozzle designs.
- Study flow control concepts for improved inlet and nozzle performance.
- Provide inlet/fan interaction data.
- Investigate nozzle aeroacoustic issues.
- Understand fundamental flow physics issues relevant to inlets and nozzle flows.
- Produce detailed test data for validation of computational fluid dynamics (CFD) codes.