Boeing Cryogenically Cooled Inverter
- Boeing is developing a cryogenically cooled 1-MW inverter intended to be compatible with liquid natural gas or hydrogen cooling, but the experimental prototype will be cooled by liquid nitrogen.
- Three-level ANPC topology that uses different power switches for the fast and slow switching
- The input dc voltage is 1000 V, and the output frequency is 200 to 3000 Hz
- DC filter meets DO-160 EMI standard.
- 26kW/kg, 99.3% efficiency
- A calorimeter was developed that can measure the efficiency of the 200-kW and 1-MW prototypes by the dissipated losses to the liquid nitrogen to better than 0.1 percent of the total power
Back to Electrified Aircraft Propulsion (EAP) for Larger Aircraft
Back to EAP home