The NASA Electric Aircraft Testbed (NEAT) is a NASA reconfigurable testbed used to design, develop, assemble and test electric aircraft power systems, from a small, one or two person aircraft up to 20 MW (27,000 hp) airliners. NASA research agreements (NRA) are granted to develop electric-propulsion components.
- NEAT is being developed to enable end-to-end development and testing of a full-scale electric aircraft powertrain
- NEAT is being designed with a reconfigurable architecture that industry, academia, and Government can utilize to further mature electric aircraft technologies.
- Power up to 24 MW when regenerated
- Thermal up to 2 MW heat rejection
- Altitude (up to 120,000 feet pressure)